Sunday 5 October 2008

The Reason Was So Simple

With Grand Master Helio Gracie,s Birthday just passed i was still amazed how the man who revolutionised not only martial arts but martial artist,s was still at the academy teaching .....

 i sat back and reflected on what made me choose Gracie Jiu Jitsu over all the other martial arts and why after so long training and teaching i still enjoy everyday at the academy like it was my first .........
So why do i love Gracie jiu jitsu ?
 I guess it really is because of what it has taught me which no other martial art or person has, It has taught me all of my values, concepts, and guidelines for living my life.
It has taught me to be humble, Humane but most of all it has taught me how surrender and to be a better person  and these values i could not and would not trade for anything.
Through the language of Gracie Jiu jitsu i have made a great many friends who i consider to be family all over the world, it has made me laugh made me cry and made me tap endless times.
The most amazing feeling i have is when i am in my academy and i am teaching techniques i see the same amazed look in the students eyes that i had and still have it is amazing.
These guys and girls attend the academy religiously in search of better technique ,better understanding of the art but what they actually get is much much more , how do i know ? because i am one of those students and hopefully i will continue to be a student of the game forever.
Gracie jiu jitsu breaks down all barriers i say this  (Gracie jiu jitsu in its raw form is an exchange of knowledge without speaking )................... 
We can all be good at many things but we must have an in depth understanding of one thing, i can talk about most subjects for 5 minuets, i could speak forever about my jiu jitsu.....


No comments: